in ITU provide consultancy
services and project partnerships
with government departments and public institutions
. In addition, protocols
have been signed with many public institutions to start and manage joint projects.
• Istanbul Technical University (ITU) and Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey (DEİK) signed a comprehensive cooperation protocol for education, internship, R&D with international organizations.
• A cooperation protocol was signed between Istanbul Technical University (ITU) and Eti Maden Operations General Directorate (ETİMADEN). With the protocol, the two institutions will realize projects for identifying and evaluating the country’s resources and needs.
• 2557 TÜBİTAK-Belarus BRFFR Joint Project Call Results have been announced. The project of 3 faculty members from Turkey was considered worthy of support. Department of Chemistry faculty member Prof.Dr. Yusuf Yağcı's project was the only one that received support from ITU.
• University-Industry Cooperation between ITU and MATIL- A cooperation protocol was signed between Istanbul Technical University and Materials Testing and Innovation Laboratories Co. (MATIL).
• The 'Recovery of Rare Earth Elements from Coal Ashes and Coal Washing Wastes' PROJECT carried out jointly with Istanbul Technical University Department of Mineral Processing Engineering and General Directorate of Turkish Coal Enterprises (TKİ).
• TÜBİTAK MAM-KUTUP ARAŞTIRMA PROJELERİ (2021-2022)
ITU carries out activities on developing social policies with the government. Appointed as a member of the Social Policies Board by the President, Prof. Dr. Lütfihak Alpkan has been carrying out this duty since 2018. The commissioning news was published in the Official Gazette dated October 8th, 2018.