ITU, as a research university, attaches particular importance to strengthen its technical and technological presence that will nurture this quality. ITU has a rich R&D presence with its nearly 30 education and research centers, as well as more than 400 laboratories that enable students, young researchers, and academicians to conduct scientific studies.
The research centers correspond to various Sustainable Development goals.
- Electronic Design and Metrology Application and Research Center
- Climate Change Application and Research Center
- EMCOL Research Center
- Marine Equipment Test Application and Research Center
- Water and Marine Science Technology Application Research Center)
- İTÜ Polar Research Center (ITU PolReC)
- Turkish Straits Maritime Application and Research Center